Justin,

> Are you able to reproduce this reliably?
Yes, this happens very often, but not strictly reproducible.

> If so could you share those details so I could do the same?
I'm using command-line client https://github.com/fmtn/a
I even added some extra close() statements in there to be sure, but that did
not help. Hence my doubt.
(you may notice that I contributed a few small items to "a", but I'm not a
maintainer)
I've also used "a" to test against ActiveMQ5 in the past.

> I'm not aware of any bugs related to spurious WARN messages like this,[...]
With this encouragement, I intensified the search.
All objects are closed from the client side, so looking at the server.
I now think this only happens for AMQP connections on a cluster (as I could not
repeat it on CORE or standalone server).

thx,
e.