We use the API operation "listNetworkTopology()" to get this information.
This is also the function that is used by the Broker Diagram.
e.

-----Original Message-----
From: Modanese, Riccardo <riccardo.modan...@eurotech.com.INVALID>
Sent: donderdag 4 mei 2023 11:25
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Artemis - how to detect when a node is joined to the cluster

EXTERNAL SENDER:   Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you
trust the sender and know the content is safe.
EXPÉDITEUR EXTERNE:    Ne cliquez sur aucun lien et n'ouvrez aucune pièce
jointe à moins qu'ils ne proviennent d'un expéditeur fiable, ou que vous ayez
l'assurance que le contenu provient d'une source sûre.

Hi,
     I'm clustering Artemis (2.28.0) using the static configuration.
>From my tests the cluster seems to work fine but I didn't find a way to
>understand when a node is part of the cluster.
Looking at the standard metrics I see these 2 metrics:

  *   artemis_total_connection_count
  *   artemis_connection_count

but there is no way to understand to which connector are established

I need it because, before adding the node to the list of nodes addressable by
the load balancer, I would to be sure the node is part of the cluster otherwise
some message could be lost.

In my test  I created a cluster and connected few clients to the different
nodes then I killed one node, restarted the same node and reconnected the
disconnected clients to this node.
Each client has its own exclusive queue and publishes messages to random queues
that belongs to other clients also.
So, if the reconnected clients to the freshly restarted node started publishing
messages soon after the reconnection few messages (the firsts) addressed to
clients connected to other nodes are lost.
So I'm suspecting the broker starts to accept connections and messages from
clients before being part of the cluster and I'd like to avoid it by adding the
properly logics to the load balancer.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Riccardo