On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Andrew Moore
<andrew.mo...@redprairie.com>wrote:

> Well, I have it working, but not as it seems like it should... I'm
> essentially excluding every other kind of file, like this:
>

> package(:war).path('').include(:from=>_('../a/b/c')).exclude('**/*.gif').exclude('**/*.jpg').exclude('**/*.css')
>
> I've got about a dozen files I'm excluding, so this isn't a great solution.
>
> I am running version 1.3.3, so maybe there is a bug with that version
> related to this that has been fixed in 1.3.4.
> After looking more closely, it seems like with the other way:
>
> package(:war).path('').include(:from=>_('../a/b/c')).include('**/*.js')

With the exception of merging zips, includes do not compose, so the first
include tells the path to include all the files from a/b/c, and the second
include tells path to include all the .js files in your build.

What's missing is a way to use :from but only for specific patten, something
like:

package(:war).include("**/*.js", :from=>'a/b/c')

I had to double check that there's no code for that, or an open issue (looks
like such an oversight). So first thing, let's add an issue.

Assaf