Hi,

I forgot to give details about buildr install on this server : it is an
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS and ruby comes from standard apt install :

$ ruby --version
ruby 1.9.3p484 (2013-11-22 revision 43786) [x86_64-linux]

Then I installed buildr with gem:
sudo JAVA_HOME=... gem install buildr

I installed ruby/gem/buildr in the same fashion on my dev box (via
ansible) and it is much faster.
I don't use rvm, or rbenv or jruby. I don't use gemfiles/bundler either
: once buildr is installed on a server, I expect it to be available for
all my jenkins goals.

--
Jean-Philippe Caruana
http://www.barreverte.fr