Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> Is there any reason to have Tomcat installed with Cocoon 2.1.5. Can I
> just not use Jetty for both development and live deployment? Are
> there any downsides to using Jetty?

We are very happy with using Jetty for production.
We use the full Jetty distribution there.

We just configure it to unpack the cocoon.war file.
Our jetty.sh start script just waits until jetty has
started then unpacks a TAR file which contains our
sitemaps, stylesheets and stuff, putting the content
straight into the jetty tmp/Jetty_*/webapp/ directory.

For development we do a similar thing but don't bother
with a full local Jetty, just use the demo Jetty that is
shipped with Cocoon, i.e. ./cocoon.sh servlet

--
David Crossley