Marcial Rosales wrote:
>       David,
>
>       No matter what mechanism I use to configure the entity resolver it does not
> work.
>       If the entity resolver wasn't able to resolve an entity reference, it should
> report it in the output log anyway. However, I am not getting anything but the logs
> captured during the initialization of the catalogs.
>       If my catalog is not properly set up, I should get an entry in the log saying
> something like "it couldn't resolve the entity reference", is that right?

No. You only get a message when it *does* find it.
There will be a "Resolved ..." message (not sure
if it goes to stdout or is in core.log)
Oh, you might need to turn the Cocoon loglevel up to
DEBUG too. For example here is what i see on stdout
with 2.1.5 '/cocoon.sh servlet' sample catalog-demo
resolveSystem(urn:x-arbortext:test-system-identifier)
Resolved system: urn:x-arbortext:test-system-identifier
file:/usr/local/cvs/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/WEB-INF/entities/catalog-demo/testsys.txt

If it doesn't find a hit in the catalog, or if as you suggest
the entity resolver is not working for XSPs, then the parser
will go on to try to get it from the default system identifier,
and of course will fail.

--David