defe wrote:
> i'm in trouble with an xml file that is out of my control : it begins with an
> empty line and i get a parsing error when remotely generating it.
>
> Here's the exception i get :
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> http://www.fordmodelseurope.com/xml/:2:6:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The
> processing instruction target matching "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.

Yep. Any content before the <xml> declaration is broken.
If you use a validating parser such as xmllint it will tell
you that. Mmmm, it is hard when it is out of your control.
Any xml parser will barf. It might be possible to use the "slop"
parser in Cocoon to read it as a text file and pass through
every line except that first line, then reprocess it with some
Cocoon sitemap magic.

--
David Crossley