Joćo

Welcome to the Cocoon Universe... all your wishes will soon
be granted (after you add in some hard work, of course ;-)

I am not sure about the Math part - perhaps the combination
of SVG and the appropriate Unicode selection will help towards
the creation of math expressions... there is also  MathML that
has many projects clustered around it:
http://www.w3.org/Math/
http://www.w3.org/Math/implementations.html

For documentation production, you can obviously "roll your own"
stylesheets (CSS and XSL)... otherwise take a look at the Forrest
project:
http://forrest.apache.org/
which allows you to develop your own skins for a project.

I have used DocBook with Cocoon; though with hindsight I
suspect it was overkill for the project concerned.  Simplified
DocBook may be easier to digest (all depends how much you
expect your users to do) but if Forrest works for you, that may
be all you need.

Lots of luck!
Derek

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2004/09/28 08:28:46 PM >>>
Hello all,

I've just started with Cocoon and with XML. I'am really surprised with
the power of XML.

In the past I have written text documents in LaTeX that include some
simple math expressions and some images. Then I usually converted them
to PDF with "pdflatex" and to html with "latex2html".

Now I want to do all of this in XML.

I also followed one tutorial about converting XML to PDF and HTML, with
cocoon... so I am already there.

Now I need to find some DTD (maybe DocBook, I don't know if it will
suite my needs) and some XSL's that support the math expressions and
some jpg's or gif's...

... one thing also: I would like to produce somewhat atractive
documents... may be some simple colors or some fancy design (like the
cocoon site, for example).... automatically (without my interference)

Can anyone show me the way to start, or send me some working examples.

Thank you (sorry about the big text...)

Joćo Ferreira

believed to be clean.