Hello,

it sounds a bit complex to me, what about a custom logGenerator who reads format from logkit.xconf, parse the logfile as a string according to the format, and then generates a xml logFile ? I was thinking of creating such a component myself. Maybe it would be a good start to create the frontend you are thinking of ?.

Marc

Joose Vettenranta a écrit :

Hi,

got an idea for what - perhaps - could be a nice tool for cocoon, atleast for production sites:

Web frontend for exception handling.

Idea is that when software get's exception and goes to process <map:handle-errors> error (with stack trace and stuff) would also be recorded to database. then in web frontend you could group, change priority, mark as fixed, delete, get latest exceptions with rss .. and so on. It would be easy to follow prodcution sites errors like that.

I thought it would work like having a bean to save that data and it would have like "processException" method in it, which would set all correct fields to correct values and then use like OJB to save it.

I don't have time to code that now, but if someone is going to code that or similar, I definetly want to try and even help with it.

- Joose

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * +358 44 561 0270 *