Sebastien Arbogast a écrit :

For me, the main difficulty i see is to have underlying "logical"
documents that fit with both lazlo and html view. The problem will
always be to match this or this lazlo feature (like window or layout) in
html+css. Proably a lot of headaches here, but really worth it :)

You're right. It would be like trying to combine two different ways to
do the same thing : Cocoon and Laszlo are both for the presentation
layer, but Cocoon is MVC whereas Laszlo is not, so piping Cocoon M and
C into a Laszlo V would require Laszlo to be MVC itself, which it's
not and it's normal as it' doesn't need to be : MVC fits for the
classical Web, not for that new kind of RIA's.
That's not what i meant :), i think it's possible to see laszlo as just another channel in multiprocessing. But you have to think about it when you design your webapp. I will try to be a bit more detailed here, as i already thought a bit about that ;)

let's say you have your data
<data>hello world</data>
then you hav a xsl that changes it in a logical page in a neutral "GUI language" which can be deeply inspired from the laszlo grammar :
<page>
</page>
then you can have a xsl by channel :
the classical html+css styling
or the laszlo styling :
<canvas id="hello-world">
   <text>hello world</text>
</canvas>

All you need is to design xsl templates that match laszlo features, like canvas, window (can be easily done with good css and a bit of client js), layout (i think it's the more difficult to do) etc...

I guess the best thing is to make a choice. It's already amazing what
you can do with this incredible framework. For example, I haven't
tried it yet, but it seems that you can connect a Laszlo presentation
layer with a Spring business layer through JavaRPC.

So i don't think you have to make a choice, you just have to structure your logical documents thinking a bit about how laszlo works.

In fact it depends on what your priority is. If you want accessibility
and multichanneling first, Cocoon is the best choice. If user
experience is your main concern, Laszlo is excellent. And this
user-experience concern is becoming very present : think of XUL or
XAML, they do exactly the same as Laszlo, except that those two are
not portable between browsers...