Hi,

I am using CForms to generate and store files on the server. I want to take some of the entered data and use it to amend a different file stored on the server. Within the CForm javascript I extract the data from the form using

var lodge= form.getChild("name").getValue();

I then load the file which I wish to amend with

var doc = loadDocument("test.xml");

find the element which I wish to amend with

doc.getElementById('a')

save the doc with

saveDocument(doc, 'test1.xml');

All this works fine, but when I try append the data to the file with

doc.getElementById('a').appendChild(doc.createTextNode(lodge));

I get the following error

org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: Cannot convert null to an object.

Please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Peter Sparkes