On 10.10.2007 10:23 Uhr, Lieven Doclo wrote:

I'd like to define the generator as this:

<map:generator name="remoteGenerator" src="x.y.RemoteSpringGenerator>
    <spring-config>/x/y/remote-spring-config.xml</spring-config>
</map:generator>

where the xml file contains my remote servicebeans, like:

<bean id="myService" class="org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean">
    <property name="serviceUrl" value="rmi://localhost:6666/MyService"/>
    <property name="serviceInterface" value="x.y.MyService"/>
</bean>

Is the above possible?

I don't see any problem with this. You have to implement the Configurable or the Parameterizable interface. The spring-config parameter is NOT passed to setup() if that's what you expected.

If you only started the project recently you might consider using Cocoon 2.2 which is based on Spring and so makes the integration of both much easier.

Joerg