Hi, I can't connect to the default SMTP port number 25, but have to use a Smart host, "smtp.bytemark.co.uk". Please is it possible to use a Smart Host with sendmail and if so how.

thanks

Peter
Hi Tobia,

I have a MTA but I am now not sure that I am connecting to it properly

Thanks

Peter
Peter Sparkes wrote:
I have put the Sun mail.jar and activation.jar in my WEB-INF/lib and
removed removed geronimo-spec-javamail-*.jar and
geronimo-spec-activation-*.jar from WEB-INF/lib.

However I still get the error message
"Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25"

Stupid question, but... are you sure you have a MTA running on localhost?

Tobia