Peter Flynn wrote:
> I think the last time I asked, the recommendation was to make httpd
> proxy Tomcat [...] Does anyone have any specific Dos or Donts about
> this platform or configuration?

My personal experience with Tomcat for use with Cocoon 2.1 has been
terrible, both on RHEL and Debian.

We ended up using the (quite old) version of Jetty provided with Cocoon
itself, along with the cocoon.sh wrapper script and Apache reverse proxy
functionality, and it's been working like a charm ever since.

The only gotcha has to do with the AJP13 protocol, see here:
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=119201336509954

We haven't switched to Cocoon 2.2 yet, so I can't say much about it.

Tobia