Hi,

I am currently optimizing an application I have developed and am currently
trying to create a Servlet, that bypasses Cocoons Pipeline-Stuff. The reason
for this is that my application has an instant messenger component, that
checks for new messages every 6 seconds. With 100 Users online, this creates
about 70% of the server load. Since all this component does, is to check if
there are new messages and if there are, to send 1 row of JavaScript back to
the client, I would like to bypass Cocoon completely. Unfortunately I have
to access the User Object stored in the session. Inside Cocoon this is
absolutely no problem, but I am struggling to do this from outside Cocoon.

Has anyone done this before and could give me a hint at how to do this?

    Chris

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Inhaber