Well,

I also have a pretty strong opinion about the remark you make now.

Let's first make the distinction between
- innovators      (people who are always trying to improve the way of working
themselves  --> E.g. Reinhard Poetz who started C3)
- early adapters  (people who see clear benefits in innovative technologies ..
e.g. early committers / users like Simone Tripodi)
- reasonable adapters  (people who upgrade their software after major stable
releases)
- slow adapters   (people who are satisfied with current way of working and
wait till they are forced to upgrade)

Point is... there are always costs involved.  If you created lots of C2.1.x
apps and you want to start using the latest and greatest... you have 2 choices.

Either you start creating NEW apps using the latest technology and leave the
existing ones alone  --> Low adaptation cost
Or you decide to rewrite/upgrade your existing apps --> higher adaptation cost

Sometimes the upgrade path is hard to sell to your customer if the upgrade does
not provide immediate visible benefits.

But let's consider you are a slow adapter and you get forced to upgrade at some
point.  You have put great amounts of effort in getting those Cforms working
and all logic is contained in flowscript  (both are deprecated in C3).

Now what do you think the cost of sticking with the old technology is?  It's
even much higher. I think for most developers the easiest approach would be to
follow that of a reasonable adapter.  It balances the Costs involved in a safer
way.

Robby