Hi Thorsten

Yes, I supposed you tell me. I developed a new generator very similar to WebServiceProxyGenerator of the block cocoon-proxy for to consume Rest service, but I needed three modifications: * the new generator have to be a cache component (WebServiceProxyGenerator not implement CacheableProcessingComponent) * Use Apache HttpComponents 4.2 (WebServiceProxyGenerator use Commons HttpClient 3.x and this version have bugs about release connections) * Use a pool connections (WebServiceProxyGenerator not use pool to manage connections and this can be a important improve to performance)

I developed a new class to manage pool and declared it using spring, it is seems the easy best way. Besides if I declared the new generator using spring will be very easy to add the pool resource.

I had readed that Cocoon 2.2 can use spring to declare objects and I found examples with transformer, so I followed the web page: https://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/688_1_1.html

The new generator seems work ok, but I checked that it not called to recycle method at finished and then, not release connection to pool.

At the end, I had have to added ApplicationContextAware interface to my generator to access resource pool declared in spring, and this is working fine. Still I have to do some test with apache jmeter to check performance but first impressions are good.

Best regards.