Hi Again,

I had a go at upgrading the serializer to XSSF  but there were simply too
many Java class changes for lazy old me. Instead, I had much better mileage
going down the OpenXML road and generating an .xlsx file in the Cocoon
pipeline (it is only a zipped up bunch of XML files after all).

All the files are fairly straightforward XML and it is only the packaging
that would be tricky but for the invaluable Zip serializer.

Inevitably, there is a lot of googling required to find examples but I
recommend
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brian_jones/archive/2007/05/29/simple-spreadsheetml-file-part-3-formatting.aspx

as a good place to start.

Cheers