On 22/02/2016 14:16, gelo1234 wrote:
Well, what relates to Cocoon, I have found a brand new baby called Cocoon:

https://cocoon.io/

Shall we not protect Apache Cocoon (R) (TM) ? :)

Definitely: thanks for reporting.

More information at http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

Regards.

    On 20/02/2016 23:38, Paul Foxworthy wrote:

        Hi,

        I thought I should tell you about this...

        A home 3D printer, the "Cocoon Create" is on the market in
        Australia. The product is described on their website here:
        http://www.cocooncreate.com.au . It's distributed by a company
        called Winplus, and it was available at Aldi supermarkets last
        week.

        To my mind the style of the Cocoon Create logo is very similar
        to that of the Apache Cocoon project. The "Cocoon" word is
        fairly generic and I doubt you'd object to its use for a
        product that's not connected with Apache Cocoon. The visual
        style is another matter. If the Project Management Committee
        agrees, I suggest you ask Winplus to change the appearance of
        their logo.

    Hi Paul,
    thanks for reporting.

    We will take this forward with the ASF legal team.

    Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/