Hi all,

thank you very much for all your reactions. I just found time to try Nico
Verwer's suggestion, and that worked perfectly! It seems it was the very
old version of icu4j.jar that caused the problem. As Nico suggested I
exchanged it for icu4j-69.1.jar in the lib directory, and was able to start
up cocoon without errors.

thanks again!
Vincent