Yes, we've done this[1] for CXF master(3.3-SNAPSHOT) a while back with JAVA11
EA kit (Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11-ea+14))

And I’m currently verify the build with OpenJDK 11GA

And yes, we need add external libs which were removed from the java modules.

[1]https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/a3295e61bcf8c00c13a79707841a58131fd9c97d
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat