Le 5/31/13 8:31 AM, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Wang, John <john.w...@emory.edu> wrote:
>
>> Did anyone make a hot backup of ApacheDS or load balancing ApacheDS so
>> that one ApacheDS server is down and the hot backup can take over the role?
>>
>> as of now, hot backup is not possible, you need to stop the server before
> copying the data files
> coming to load balancing, first you need to set up multi-master relication
> between two servers and then you can route the traffic accordingly (using
> an external solution).

This is still possible to extract the DB content using a search request,
but this is not even close to what you are looking for...

That would deserve a JIRA, this is a feature we would lov to have in a
future version, but as the backend files are growing on the fly, the
best possibility would be to have a replica which is updated on the fly,
and periodically stoppped while being backed up.

Note that even if the server crashes, the data wont be lost, as we use a
transaction journal which recover the last modifications and reinject
them in the backend at startup.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,