Hi all,
in an OSGi-based project of mine I'm trying to use
XStream to marshall/unmarshall data structures to/from XML.

Saving data to XML is no big issue, but restoring it from XML
throws a CannotResolveClass [1] exception.

I've googled a bit and it seems that XStream requires some
tampering with ClassLoaders [2, 3], which I usually try to avoid, even more
within an OSGi container.

Question 1: Were any of you able to use XStream within an OSGi container
successfully?

Question 2: Do you suggest any other XML marshalling/unmarshalling library
that is more "OSGi-friendly", so to say?

[1]: com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
[2]: http://xstream.codehaus.org/faq.html#Serialization_ClassLoader
[3]: http://osdir.com/ml/java.xstream.user/2008-08/msg00015.html

Thanks,
--