On 2 February 2010 04:00, Ching, Craig <craig_ch...@bmc.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You could probably say this is off-topic for this list and more of a BND
> issue, but I know that there is a lot of BND knowledge here and I want to
> mimic what the maven bundle plugin does with pure BND as much as I can.  I
> need the functionality of maven bundle plugin's "Embed-Dependency"
> configuration, I want my jars to be embedded (inline=false), not inlined.
>  From reading the code, it appears that embed-dependency is turned into
> include-resource and bundle-classpath BND directives.  But when I do this:
>
> -classpath=com.ibm.mq.jar,connector.jar
> Include-Resource=com.ibm.mq.jar,connector.jar
> Bundle-Classpath=.,com.ibm.mq.jar,connector.jar
> Private-Package=!*
>
> BND doesn't seem to pull the Export-Package from the packages in the
> embedded jars.

wrt. automatically setting the Export-Package list from the packages in
embedded jar
neither the bundleplugin or Bnd Tool do this - the bundleplugin sets
Export-Package to
be the list of packages in your source directories, unless you set it
explicitly

what you're doing above is basically what the bundleplugin Embed-Dependency
instruction
does (the code I linked to in my earlier post does nothing to the
Export-Package settings)

perhaps you want to use the -exportcontents instruction? this has a similar
effect on the
exported packages as Export-Package, but with one important difference: it
doesn't pull
classes into the bundle or affect the contents, it just alters the exported
packages

for example:

   Export-Package: *

inlines all classes/resources on your classpath

whereas:

   -exportcontents: *

export all packages contained in the bundle without affecting the contents

now if the jars you're embedding are bundles and you want their
Export-Package settings
combined in the mega-bundle then neither the Bnd Tool or the bundleplugin
support this,
but it might be possible to add it as a feature (to either Bnd or the
bundleplugin)

--
Cheers, Stuart