I'm not sure I understand your problem, but if you would refer to the ODS
cells in the ODF document like a mail merge then you could create a document
which will have all your up-to-date cell contents when you print it to a
final document (in addition to what you type in the ODF document, of course)

The only limitation I could find is that you need to have one post per
column and you are currently limited to 1024 columns in the ODS format