On 2011-01-27 7:56 AM, arun kumar wrote:
yes,but my blog's post-body width  always remains same  because the
template is designed like that. What i'm trying to tell you is that i
want to set the ruler to be in the same measurement  of pixels. Almost
every webpage or blog template  has pixels as units.
Hello, Arun,

I feel your pain on this. It raises a large philosophical issue which I have outlined in another post and, thankfully, I don't have to solve it, but I know what my response would be in a customer/client-centric situation--the same as Adobe's.

However, this begs the issue in my mind of the universality of the Web and the ability of the end-user to customize the page to their liking. As I said in a previous post, as I age and especially working as a computer "geek" for someone who has had their vision impaired by a horse-riding accident, I hope that the web page templates are not forcing a specific text size for the content.

In FireFox, I can zoom in and out using <ctrl> + or <ctrl> - keys on the numeric keypad. In the View>Zoom submenu, I can select an option so that the zoom only applies to text. When that option is off (default), both the text and the images zoom together. There is also a plug-in that I have and use for FF that allows zooming of images alone (not surprisingly, it's called ImageZoom <smile>). In

Furthermore, pages rarely look the same in FireFox and Internet Explorer and if one forces a specific pixel size to attempt to make the page look the same and it locks out the zoom capability, then, I fear, those whose vision is not as good as yours will be frustrated with the experience.

Cheers,

Richard

--
Richard L. Hess                   email: rich...@richardhess.com