On Feb 18, 2011, at 10:47 , Alexander Thurgood [via Document Foundation Mail
Archive] wrote:

> Le 17/02/11 21:45, James Wilde a écrit :
>
> Hi James,
>
> > Thanks, Alexander, but it appears that the french and spanish dictionaries
> > are not uno packages.  They're in the extensions folder, not the
> > uno_packages folder, and I get the following error message when trying to
> > remove them:
> >
> > James-Wildes-Mac-mini:~ james$ sudo
> > /Applications/Additions/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/unopkg remove
> > dict-es
> > ERROR: There is no such extension deployed: dict-es
> >
> > unopkg failed.
> >
> > This is the entry for the spanish dictionary:
> >

> Yes, I've just tried and found the same thing. I'm not sure why, but I
> suspect they are not registered as components in the same way as the
> other extensions are, and thus can not be removed via unopkg.
>
> As Larry has pointed out, you can also adopt the brute force approacha
> and actually physically delete the directories in which the extensions
> are installed, and then restart LibreOffice.

Thanks Alex.  Yes, I tried the brute force approach, and it did start up slower
the first time, as I commented elsewhere, but normally thereafter.  So I'm
happy.  And thanks to Larry also for suggesting that method.

//James