Hi Troy,

Troy Schulz schrieb:
I posted this before but haven't seen an answer in awhile so I'm doing
it again.

I hope this is the right place to report issues. Perhaps I'm just not using
the program correctly.

I made a slideshow presentation using the basic default theme. I changed
the
background to a single jpg graphic I found which was applied to the whole
thing. However, I wanted to change the background to something else for two
slides.

You should not change the page of a slide, but create a master page for each of the different backgrounds.

Give each master page a name.

Apply the master page immediately to a slide.

I changed the background on those two slides and told it not to apply it to
the whole presentation.

I saved the presentation.

In which format do you save? ppt is not able to held different page backgrounds but for the title page.

Even though I saved it, when I opened my presentation later it did not save
the backgrounds on those two slides. It changed the backgrounds back to the
master background.

How can I get that to save?

Use master pages and save in odp-format. I have no trouble using different backgrounds. I work with LO3.3.2 (and a lot of OOo) on WinXP.

Kind regards
Regina