On Apr 30, 2011, at 13:25 , xwolf wrote:

> Hi James
>
> The following solution might be of interest if you want to permanently change
> all LibreOffice's behaviour to use the ISO date format.
>
> So I did the following (LibreOffice 3.3.2, on Windows XP):
> ** In a hex-editor (HxD for example), I opened "C:\Program Files\LibreOffice
> 3\program\localedata_en.dll". (DLL version 3.03.202)
> ** PS: Make a backup of this file before you try this!
> ** At offset "BB44" I found the following unicode string: "MM/DD/YY" - you
> might
> find this string at some other offset...
> ** I changed it (unicode!) to "YYYY/MM/DD" - which I wanted.
> ** (PS: make sure you stay consistent with the "00" filler bytes that unicode
> strings require for this to work)
>
> This worked for me :D - even files that were created before this modification
> now showed their dates in the "yyyy/mm/dd" format. 8-)
>
> Final thought: It would be nice if the developers added an option "Don't use
> locales" or a "NoLanguage" language option - this would make this sort of
> workaround unnecessary.

Thanks, Xwolf.  In my case the problem proved to be a corrupt configuration
file.  Unfortunately the config file is not what I would call user friendly, so
just which bit of it was corrupt I'm not able to say.  I simply renamed it and
the system created a new one for me.  Haven't noticed anything else that had
altered.

//James