A1 =NA()   ; to simulate NA condition
B2 =IF(ISNA(A1);"None";"Not none")    ; or simply =IF(ISNA(A1);"None")

This would take care of your #NA, but I'm not sure on the #NAME or #VALUE.

In cases where I'm trying to format the output to make things look pretty and I have a likely #NA condition, I usually have a hidden cell (or column) that evaluates the calculation with the potential #NA result. Then in the cell that the user sees, I'll use a version of the formula in B2 to display a more user-friendly (or calculation-friendly) output.

If you replaced ISNA() with ISERROR(), you might be able to catch your other error conditions.

HTH
*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/