Hi :)
In Ubuntu the Alt & Tab works fine but Ctrl Tab works differently in different
apps.

In a command window it just seems to try to tab-complete the command rather
than
switching to the next tab.  When i had tabs open in the default file-browser
(nautlius) or the default text-editor Ctrl Tab just moved me around the
buttons/icons (with shift it moved me backwards through them).  It did work in
both web-browsers i use quite often, FireFox and Seamonkey and i really like it
there.

Thanks for the tip :)