On Jun 29, 2011, at 6:26 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:

> On 2011-06-30 11:07, planas wrote:
>> Ross
>>
>> On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 15:35 -0700, Ross Bernheim wrote:
>>

>>> I am running Libreoffice 3.3.2.2 on a Mac.
>>>
>>> I can export data to a Libreoffice spreadsheet and from there to a database
>>> table in Libreoffice.
>>> When i then go to file-new-labels. It will let me put in the database,
>>> table and database fields.
>>>
>>> Problem is that the format section will not let me select the right label.
>>>
>>> I want to use Avery A5444 labels. I downloaded the template for the labels
>>> from Avery's
>>> web site. My printer is an old NEC SuperScript 870 which runs an emulation
>>> of an HP series
>>> 2 laserjet. It always prints to the left edge of the paper tray. The labels
>>> feed in the center. Yep,
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> I opened the Avery template and did a save as a Liberoffice document and
>>> edited the paper size
>>> to 8.5 inches wide and set the left margin at 2.25 inches which centers the
>>> label correctly for printing.
>>> I checked by entering some test text in the document and printing.
>>>
>>> I then saved the document, after deleting the test text, as a Libreoffice
>>> template.
>>>
>>> The template does not show up as a selection in the format section of the
>>> labels dialog.
>>>
>>> How do I get my modified template to show up and be usable?
>>>
>>> Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
>>>
>>> Ross
>>>

>>> Ross Bernheim
>>> r...@evactron.com
>>>

>> Try opening a new document from a template. I am not sure on a Mac the
>> path. When open one of my personal templates I have to open a folder
>> called my templates. I believe you will have something similar.
>>
>> I use Linux primarily.
>>

> Hi.
> I just tried the following in writer but not sure if it is what you want.
> I went File>New>Labels.
> Then I set the parameters of my label and clicked "Save" and saved as
> Brand = Steve, Type = Label1
> I could then use my own designed label as a New label. May be you will
> need to create the label format this way instead of a template from
> their site.
> steve

I was hoping that I could use the Avery template that I modified. But it looks
like your
suggestion might be easier at this point. It does mean that each time I want to
use a
different label that is not one of the few pre-defined ones in Libreoffice, I
must go through
this each time to "create" the new label.

Thanks for your help.

Ross