Am 31.07.2011 02:41, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)

It might be time to cut Base loose.  Most versions of MS Office don't include
Access.

Every version I used to know included MS Query. MS Query is the "equivalent" of the Base core functionality. Base is much more important than MS Query. There are no serial letters nor bibliographic features without this type of connectivity. All of my spreadsheets would be empty without Base. I import csv and other database row sets entirely through Base.

Nevertheless I aggree that the idiotic nonsense they added since OOo 2.0 should be removed. There is almost no demand for database development within this office suite. MS Access is a multi-million Dollar project which can not be imitated by a zip container and some ridiculous wizards.