On Aug 29, 2011, at 16:12 , webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

> Would you be willing to download/install 3.3.4 from
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?
> I do not use the repository version, and I use Ubuntu 64bit 10.04.  You would
> need to install in via the terminal, but
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux/ will walk you through
> this.  No need to uninstall anything either.

Not ready for that yet.

> I wonder if adding the language packs could help you?  You will need to go to
> 3.3.4, unless someone has archived the "nl - Nederlands" pack for 3.3.3.  I
> do not understand Asian characters, so I do not know if there is a Mandarin
> language pack listed.

I have the Swedish and Chinese language packs installed already.

> You could also try this Dutch dictionary and see it it works.
> http://libreoffice-na.us/English/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/Dutch_spelling_and_hyphenation_Dictionary--nl-dict-v2.00g____2010-09-22.oxt

:)  I take it you're confusing this thread with another about a problem with
the Dutch language.  I assume you mean Swedish.

> As for the characters showing in LibreOffice - I am taking a guess here -
> could it be something to do with the default font you are using for LO's
> Calc?  Format > Character should place you to the dialog to set your default
> font.  I would make sure your font is set for the same one you use in the
> other applications.  As someone who has worked with collecting fonts [over
> 100,000 of them over the years] I find that many do not have some of the
> non-English characters that are common in other languages. I would make sure
> you use a good Unicode font [like Arial Unicode] and see if the problem goes
> away.

Good try but no cigar.  I always use the same font, and it has both the Swedish
letters and Mandarin characters.

//James