Le 21/05/12 18:34, Jonathan Ryshpan a écrit :

Hi,

> My particular system runs KDE, which requires iodbc for many
> applications, so that is what I am using for the database interface.
> Iodbc has two kinds of configuration files in two places, namely:
>         /etc/odbc.ini
>         /etc/odbcinst.ini

These are the system DSN and ODBC configuration files. You generally
need root/sudo access to change these files.

>         ~/.odbc.ini
>         ~/.odbcinst.ini  (maybe not used)

These are the hidden, user DSN and ODBC configuration files. These files
are used as a fallback, or in addition, if nothing is defined in the
system DNS/ODBC configuration files.

> The iodbc web site has info about ~/.odbc.ini, and by implication
> about /etc/odbc.ini, which contains (I believe) default info; but it has
> nothing about /etc/odbcinst.ini.  Can someone enlighten me about the
> relation about these files and what they are used for?

odbcinst.ini defines the name of the ODBC drivers present on the system,
and the locations/libraries to be used when an ODBC connection protocol
is invoked by a third party application, see the examples below that I
have on my Macbook :

[ODBC Drivers]
Actual SQL Server            = Installed
Actual Open Source Databases = Installed
Actual Oracle                = Installed
Actual Access                = Installed
MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver        = Installed

[Actual SQL Server]
Driver = /Library/ODBC/Actual SQL Server.bundle/Contents/MacOS/atsqlsrv.so
Setup  =

[Actual Open Source Databases]
Driver = /Library/ODBC/Actual Open Source
Databases.bundle/Contents/MacOS/atopnsrc.so
Setup  =

[Actual Oracle]
Driver = /Library/ODBC/Actual Oracle.bundle/Contents/MacOS/atoradb.so
Setup  =

[Actual Access]
Driver = /Library/ODBC/Actual Access.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ataccess.so
Setup  =

[MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver]
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc5.so
SETUP  = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc3S.so

odbc.ini defines the connection parameters to access a given data source
name (DSN), see my example below for my Macbook :

[ODBC Data Sources]
Actual_MAMP = Actual Open Source Databases
myodbc      = MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver
IPDB_MAMP   = MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver
ipdatabase  = MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver

[ODBC]
Trace         = 0
TraceAutoStop = 0
TraceFile     =
TraceLibrary  =

[Actual_MAMP]
Driver       = /Library/ODBC/Actual Open Source
Databases.bundle/Contents/MacOS/atopnsrc.so
Description  = Actual Driver to MAMP
Database     = ipdatabase
Server       = localhost
Port         = 8889
IncludeViews = Yes
UserID       = alex
UseKeychain  = Yes

[myodbc]
Driver      = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc5.so
Description = Generic myodbc connection
SERVER      = localhost
PORT        = 3306

[IPDB_MAMP]
Driver      = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc5.so
Description = MyODBC Connection via Mamp port
Server      = 127.0.0.1
Port        = 8889

[ipdatabase]
Driver      = /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc5.so
Description = IP management db
Server      = 127.0.0.1
Port        = 3306

Entries defined in /etc/ are system-wide, i.e. in theory available to
every user declared on the system, entries put in the local user file
are only available to that particular user.

Alex