On 05/23/2012 05:15 PM, Johnny wrote:
> I have a spreadsheet where one cell is defined by several others with a
> subtraction of a number hard coded in there.  The cell displays the negative
> number when all other cells are blank.  Is there a way to not display
> negative
> numbers in a cell?  The outcome of the cells will never be negative, once the
> proper values are entered, so that won't be a problem.

In the cell try this

=if(expression>=0,expression,""), where expression is the
expression/function already in the cell. As written the if statement
will put 0 or positive number in the cell and an empty string in the
cell if it is negative.

=if(expression>0, expression,"") will only put a value in the cell if
the expression >0, otherwise it places an empty string.

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com