Thank you, Jean-Francois. Works perfectly and fixes the formatting issues of the other methods.

Keith

On 12/10/12 17:51, Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote:
Hello,

Le 12/10/2012 05:37, Keith Bates a écrit :

I don't use Impress, powerpoint etc much at all so if this is a stupid
question, I apologise.

Someone has sent me a long presentation in ppt format which consists
mainly of text. It is somewhat annoying to try to read and absorb the
intent of the text.

Is there a simple way to extract the text from the entire slide show and
save it as a text document- I don't care what format it is as long as it
is on one page instead of 45?

Just copy the text from Impress to Writer ;)

Here's how:

1. Open the .ppt with Impress
2. Select Impress Outline mode (Outline thumbnail or View / Outline menu)
3. Ctrl+A
4. Ctrl+C
5. Open an empty Writer document
6. Ctrl+V

Et voila!

If you don't want to get the formatting into the Writer doc, at step 6, press Ctrl+Shift+V instead of Ctrl+V.

--
God bless you
Keith Bates

Jesus is the Way