Hi :)

Ideally, I would like to get rid of the dependency and do all the work, the
web-site's

and mine, from raw data to have timely results with better control on various
parameters.

However, in the meanwhile I can try your idea.

What are the important softwares for OCR?
I thought they come bundled only when one purchases some scanner.

My system details are given below.

Thanks,
Regards,
Viral Orpe :)

Processor  : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual Core E6600 CPU 3.00GHz
Memory     : 4GB, DDR3
OS            : Linux Mint 12 Lisa - Kernel Linux 3.0.0-13-generic (i686)
LibreOffice : LibreOffice 3.4.3  OOO340m1 (Build:302)