If you have trouble with these methods, then check out the SimpleFileAccess service. I have not tried it, but I am interested to know if it works.

http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/io/module-ix.html

http://www.openoffice.org/udk/common/man/concept/streams.html

On 10/14/2012 03:08 PM, chaonis wrote:
I am trying to write scripts accessing the system files, such as /dev/ttyS0.
If I use "Open" I got the error "Device I/O error" message. Are there any
special function call needed to be done for the system files? User
permission is good as I can access to the file using any other Linux
commands.

Following is the code I tried. It stalled on the first "Open" statement:

Sub Main
        Dim iNumber As Integer
        Dim aFile As String
        aFile = "/dev/ttyS0"