Hi :)
Hopefully one of the links in this wiki-page might be useful
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Other_Documentation_and_Resources#Programmers

Errr, i thought everyone was moving away from Java due to all the security
issues it's been having in the last couple of years?  I thought people were
moving to C++, Python or even Qt?