Erm... Dropbox _claims_ to encrypt your files. Yes, the DB staff may be
able to read it, it depends on the encryption method (not entirely sure, I
think they said something like AES-256 or something, maybe I'm getting
confused).

Someone correct me if I've got my info wrong!

On 14 Feb 2013 20:32, "James Knott" <james.kn...@rogers.com> wrote:

> IBBoard wrote:
>>
>> Dropbox is an unencrypted cloud solution. Once it is on the Dropbox
severs
>> then any of the Dropbox staff/could/  read it. Or it could be copied or
>>
>> otherwise lost by people who aren't your employees. Or it could be leaked
>> as party of a wider Dropbox hack/leak. Or it could be retrieved by a
>> foreign government (USA, I think) without your knowledge. Generally, it
is
>> out of your corporate network perimeter and hence out of your control. In
>> general, that is*not*  a good thing.
>

> I haven't used Dropbox, but I have created an encrypted folder on Google
Drive.  I imagine the same would work with Dropbox.

deleted