On 02/20/2013 10:27 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Err, what format was the protected document in?  If it was an MS format then
LibreOffice just opens them without needing the password anyway.

________________________________
From: JOE CONNER <joeconner2...@gmail.com>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Wednesday, 20 February 2013, 18:15
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Encryption Failure

LibreOffice 4.0

I have a spreadsheet, encrypted with a password. When I export this document to
a .pdf file, I expected the .pdf to require the password to open. It does not.
I think it should since the original document is encrypted.

Is this a bug, or should it be an enhancement request?

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA
It was a LO4.0 .ods file. Further investigation: The .pdf can be exported with a password requirement, but it requires selecting the SECURITY tab and re-entering the password. I contend that if the .ods required a password to open, then an export to .pdf should have the password required and preset without having to go searching for the SECURITY tab.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA