2013/2/27 pierre masci <piema...@gmail.com>:
> I solved my problem in another but simple way, finally.
> It would still be handy to have a shortcut to column start though...
>
> I made a Macro that moves the current row up (and another one to go
> down). And i have a handy shortcut to use it.
> Step by step, it does:
>  - select current row: Shift+Space
>  - copy: Ctrl+C
>  - delete current row: Ctrl + "-"
>  - move up: up arrow
>  - insert row: Shift+Space, Ctrl + "+"
>  - go to line beginning and copy: Home, Ctrl+C
>
> DONE!
>
> Intructions for use:
> Record this Macro, make a customized shortcut for it (in
> Tools->Customize->Keyboard).
> It's extremely convenient for me. I hope it helps someone else.
>
> To do the same thing for moving columns around, i thought that i
> needed to go to the first cell of the column, for the last step.
> In fact i didn't.
> Same for the "move_row_up" macro that i just presented: there is no
> need to press "Home" at the last step of the macro.
> And it's even better without the "Home" in the sequence! Then you can
> also add this in the end:
> - unselect row: down arrow, up arrow
> And the selected cell remains the same as it was initially.
>
> On 27 February 2013 11:26, Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> At 09:39 27/02/2013 +0000, Pierre Masci wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, with "Home" i can move to the start of the current row. How can i
>>> do the same thing with a column?
>>

>> I don't know that you can.  But Ctrl+up-arrow may help.  If the cell
>> immediately above is occupied, this moves to the top of the current block of
>> data.  If it is not, this moves to the nearest cell (that is, the lowest) in
>> the next contiguous block of data in the column.  So repeated use of
>> Ctrl+up-arrow will get you to the top of the column.  This will work easily
>> if most cells in your spreadsheet are occupied, but will be pretty useless
>> with sparse data.
>>
>> Note that you can move about in similar ways using combinations of Ctrl plus
>> the other three arrow keys.
>>
>> I trust this helps.
>>
>> Brian Barker
>>

>> --
>> deleted

I opened Andrew's macro document and stole some code from there (see
listing 6.14 – Select a single cell so it has an outline”), which
after adding and removing some lines, looks like this (and it works):

REM ***** BASIC *****

Option Explicit

Sub Main
    Dim oSelection As Object
    oSelection=ThisComponent.getCurrentSelection()

    Dim iColumn As Integer, iSheet As Integer
    iColumn=oSelection.getCellAddress().Column
    iSheet=oSelection.getCellAddress().Sheet

    Dim oSheet As Object, oCell As Object
    oSheet=ThisComponent.getSheets().getByIndex(iSheet)
    oCell=oSheet.GetCellbyPosition(iColumn, 0)

    ThisComponent.CurrentController.Select(oCell)

    Dim oRanges As Object
    oRanges=ThisComponent.createInstance("com.sun.star.sheet.SheetCellRanges")
    ThisComponent.CurrentController.Select(oRanges)
End Sub

Johnny Rosenberg