On 03/02/2013 11:11 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
Opens fine in my Opensuse Version 3.6:build-304 (Build ID: 360m1(Build:304))
steve
On 2013-03-02 03:18, David B Teague sr wrote:
Hi
I just downloaded an excel file from
http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=205
The file is the excel version of Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP. The newest, recommended version of LO opens the file as gibberish: LibreOffice Version 3.6.5.2 (Build ID: 5b93205)

My system runs Windows 7, 64 bit, AMD quad core, 4 GB RAM.

Can anyone explain or help me fix this?

A workaround is to fetch MS' Excel Viewer, then copy from that to a table in Writer for my document, but I would prefer to use LO for as nearly everything as possible.

Warmest Regards
David Teague

It opens fine, Ubuntu, *Version 3.6.2.2
(Build ID: 360m1(Build:2))