Hi :)
I found this link on the official website
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
I got there from the main website
http://www.libreoffice.org/
then the trail
"Main website" - "Get involved" - "QA"

got me to

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/qa-testers/

Hmm, you caught me out.  What i described is what i wish i did and i keep
promising myself i will do next time, this time, each time but never quite get
around to it.  Errr, well tried the 4.0.0 fairly early but really liked it and
stuck with it.  I was going to hunt around the different articles published at
the time to solve problems raised in their various lists of comments.  A few
seemed so very trivial that it made me wonder if the commenter had ever
installed anything before.  Sadly i didn't even get through that let alone
helping with testing out listed bugs.  So, this time i really have downloaded
the beta.  Hopefully my good intentions wont get so side-tracked this time!