On 29 April 2013 13:00, Virgil Arrington <cuyfa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to get some general opinions about paragraph styles.

I am a huge fan of paragraph styles, page styles, and character
styles. I wish they were more widely used.

> It makes me wonder if there is a way to make them more accessible to people
> less inclined to invest time in their technology as opposed to getting a
> task done.

What I find useful when teaching about styles is to emphasise two
things: how it makes it easy to change the formatting of something
like section titles (change the style and all occurrences are changed)
and that by using styles a consistent look-and-feel is created which
makes documents look more professional.

--
T. R. Valentine
Your friends will argue with you. Your enemies don't care.