Hi :)
Thunderbird is OpenSource
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Various web-browsers have an email client built-in.  Seamonkey does.  I think
Opera does, it used to and i can't imagine them writing it out.  On Gnu&Linux
and possibly Bsd there is Evolution which is similar to Outlook in looks and
functionality except it does things the sensible way and has standards.