Hi :)
I kinda agree but even though IE has recently become a minority share of the
web-browser market it is still used by quite a lot of people.  Usually those
people are clueless about the alternatives and/or seem to think they are using
a superior product because they haven't really tried anything else.  There's a
LOT of them and we don't want to cut them out of our potential market.  Telling
them they have to change web-browser just to use LO just gives them an extra
reason not to bother trying LO.  It just makes yet another artificial barrier
and increases the FUD.

Something that does seem to surprise people and encourage them to install LO is
that they can have both LO and MSO on their system.  A dismaying number of
people wont dare try LO because they think they have to get rid of their MSO.
Similarly with web-browsers of course but that is not our fight.

I'm credited with having written the 2nd paragraph below but it really wasn't me
1.  Most of the web developers i know are ladies
2.  If i had thought of it i would have written directly to the Websites List
to ask them if they could do it.
probably the only reason it might not have been done already is that they are a
small team and are still working on it.  However, i doubt that IE 9 needs a
different certificate from IE 8 or that certificates made for IE 8 are
incompatible with IE 9.  It's always possible, of course, especially if it
could make things difficult for LO without affecting too many other people.

Most of the people on tis list probably are already using Firefox, Chrome, the
Mac one, Opera or some other non-MS web-browser.  We need to catch more people
that haven't tried the others yet and maybe be their gateway into OpenSource.