On 2013-07-19 9:11 AM, Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com> wrote:
On 2013-07-18 10:52 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
What you can do, of course, is to set up another column or row in
which you put suitable values which can then control conditional
formatting of both the target cell and the referencing one.  To
change the background of both, you merely need to change the
controlling values.  These could even be colour names: "red",
"green", and so on.

Doesn't do what we need (see my last response to Errol), but thanks
for trying...

We may be at cross-purposes here: your last reply was about changing
protected cells.  This reply was about your other query: copying the
format of a referenced cell.  But no matter .

Yeah, sorry, once I realized that there was no way currently to do this like Excel, I asked about copying the format of the referenced cell as an alternate way of accomplishing the goal.

Too bad neither is possible...

I'll go open Bug/Feature requests for all 3 of these issues as soon as I have time...

Thanks again