Hi :)
I find that tricky too actually.  Everyone in this country seems to have their
printers configured to print on US letter despite actually using A4.  Then if
someone sends them an A4 page to print onto the A4 it comes out as 2 pages with
just a tiny bit of the page printed at the top of the next sheet.

On my own machines, well the company's machines, i go around and set them to
print on A4 but then if a new machine arrives i have no idea whether it's
trying to print to A4 or what.  Also what about new users logging in at a
machine they haven't used before?  Are they now on US Letter again or not?

It seems that with LibreOffice it always seems to know that A4 should be being
used.  None of this messing around.